HR Plus Combines HR and Health & Safety
With around 170,000 legal claims made against employers every year, protecting your business and your employees couldn’t be more crucial. However, keeping on top of legislation and employee issues can be both time consuming and expensive.
With this in mind, HR Plus has come up with a package specifically designed to do the job for you.
HR plus acts as a trusted HR resource, offering expert advice and practical help with legal matters that may affect your business, from health and safety to employment legislation, and much, much more.
Providing instant access to a team of lawyers, HR Professionals, Health and Safety Consultants and Occupational Health Experts, each of whom are experts in their field, HR plus offers complete peace of mind on the issues affecting your business.
HR plus will give you the tools to stay in touch with ever increasing legislation, such as:
- Telephone advice line – 24 hour, 365 days a year
- Online access to employment, health and safety advice and employee well-being matters including online document creation.
- Legal expenses insurance to cover costs for Employee Tribunal hearings and Health & Safety prosecution (Terms and conditions available)
- Newsletter – regular news bulletins to keep you up-to-date with changes in legislation
Why HR Plus
- We recognise the need for a competitively priced service for all businesses concerned by the growing threat of increasing costs in keeping up to date with compliance matters, employment and Health & Safety.
- HR plus will save you time and money.
- Specialises in protecting against business problems.
- A long track record of delivering successful solutions.
- In depth experience of HR and Health & Safety issues.
- Extensive professional and business customer base.
- Utilising leading outbound and call centre services.
HR & Employment
In an increasingly litigious society it is important that businesses are not only fully up to speed with the latest legislation, but that they also have access to information on the full range of employment laws. HR plus provides up to date information with supporting checklists and guidance from subjects such as recruiting through to dismissal. For example…
- Recruitment and selection
- Working time
- Disciplinary procedures
- Parental leave
- Minimum wage
- Grievance procedures
- Human rights
- Absence & sickness policies
- Equal opportunities
- Stakeholder pensions
This information package, plus the 24 hour helpline, gives you all you need to manage and comply with the latest legislation.
Legal expenses insurance is also available as a last resort if you find your business faced with an Employee Tribunal.
Health & Safety
HR plus provides vital information on a wide range of health and safety issues, essential to the smooth running of any business. In order to help you to ensure that all of the relevant health and safety regulations are in place, and minimize the risk of being sued for an incident at work, HR plus offers vital information and support on the following…
- Legislative requirements
- Employers responsibilities
- Workbook-Manual handling
- Food Safety
- Training pack DSE
- Health & Safety Policy Statement
- Employee’s responsibilities
- Risk Assessments
- Work-related stress
HR plus helps you to evaluate the health and safety issues in your business by assisting in identifying hazardous operations, equipment , substances And infection risk. It will also provide you with all the tools you need to carry out a risk assessment, and then provide the information you need to reduce any areas of risk.
HR plus will also help you to record your activities in writing, for the purposes of Manual Handling, DSE, Young Persons, Pregnant Employees, Fire risk assessments and COSHH risk assessments, dealing with contractors, self employed, and building sharers to coordinate your response to health and safety issues.
Taking advantage of this package and our 24 hour helpline will ensure that you are equipped to manage health and safety issues quickly and effectively, improving business efficiency and employee productivity.
HR plus provide an advice service that will assist you putting together policy documents and procedural manuals for employees, as well as legally required risk-assessments. Information and advice on the following is available…
- Health Screening
- Work-related Health Problems – DSE, Upper-Limb Disorders, Stress
- Short-Term Absence Problems
- Long-term Absence Problems
- Return to Work Programmes
- Health Promotion
- Infectious diseases
- Company policy
- Pregnancy and maternity
This service not only addresses new legal obligations that require SMEs to take greater responsibility for their employees’ health and wellbeing, but also provides SMEs with access to occupational health advice and pre-employment screening.
In addition to the normal packages, HR plus also provides bespoke support services at preferential rates ranging from…
- Employment tribunal representation where insurance cover has not been taken out
- Drafting of Employment Documentation, contracts etc to meet specific requirements
- Health & Safety Services. Conducting reviews at your premises and making recommendations
- Investigation Services. Monitoring situations where claims are suspect
- Human Resources Services. Recruiting and interviewing to achieve your specific objectives
- Training. Assessing training needs and making specific recommendations and providing on site training as required
- Retainer packages. Regular visits to provide in-house HR department functions, allowing you to get on and run your business.
HR plus includes specialist insurance legal expenses and other costs. This insurance pays the costs involved in dealing with legal proceedings, such as the cost of legal representation, any costs associated with the claim and any awards made to a successful claimant.
The insurance also provides the use of our employment consultants in any claim before an Employment Tribunal is mandatory, and in the event of a claim the insured will be provided with details of one of our panel solicitors/employment consultants who will act as the insureds appointed representative.
- The costs of representation
- Any costs the insured has to pay relating to a claim – other sides cost, expert witnesses etc
- Specified awards made to a successful claimant against the insured – Basic and Compensatory, Reinstatement/Re-engagement, Awards of Pay over written reasons for dismissal and Awards of Damages
- Any One Claim Limit of Indemnity of £50k
- Witness Attendance & Jury Service Allowance up £150 per day per person subject to a maximum of £10k
- Aggregate All Claims in a Year Limit of Indemnity of £500k
- Use of our employment consultants in any claim before an Employment Tribunal is mandatory
- In the event of a claim the insured will be provided with details of one of the HR plus panel solicitors/employment consultants who will act as the insured’s appointed.
All claims are handled by HR plus.
- Terms & Conditions: Please read this policy to ensure it needs with your requirements
- Your Policy Summary: This is a summary of the policy cover for the HR plus commercial legal expenses insurance.
Please sign up online by visiting the HR Plus Website
Please note HR Plus are an independent third party and not part of our practice.